The wee morning hours

I have recently discovered the difference in taking time for myself in the morning and doing yoga... you already knew that. But now I have developed a NEED for the 20 minutes after yoga to sit on the couch with my tea and my Petey-poo and read scriptures and pray. I got a good taste of how your day changes when you do that yesterday. I had one helluva schedule yesterday that included not being able to sit down until 11:30pm. But I started my day with yoga and with scriptures and prayer and EVERY SINGLE THING GOT DONE and NONE OF IT was stressful or frantic. Keep in mind I've had plenty of these days in the past and I am always wiped out and irritable and stressed.

And so this moring I woke up at 6:15 and missed "formal" yoga, but was really happy I still had time to sit by myself until 6:40 (yes I squeaked in an extra 5 min) and it was just so nice. (I did stretch a little while I waited for the kettle to boil) I love my life and my family but I never have had "me time". It is few and far between and if I do get some, it is in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday where I am in the middle of a project. This is so much different being able to give myself the gift of 35 min in the morning to be quiet, to be with my thoughts (and my cat), and start my day with MY agenda. I dont check texts, I dont check emails... I yoga, get my tea, get on the couch, read my scriptures and pray and meditate, then I take the last 10 min to look at my calendar for the day and get myself mentally prepared for what needs to happen. It is so calming to know that I have an organized path to follow. The best part is inviting the Spirit in to my day to run it for me. Once I give up control of my time, the Spirit guides me to be able to use that time wisely. Like yesterday. It was amazing. And I wasnt even that tired when it came time to work out.

And I dont feel guilty taking this "me time" because the kids are still asleep and would otherwise be asleep anyways. I love the dark and the stillness that is found in the mornings. And lucky me, I get to watch the sunrise on my way to work each day :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Month

138!

Back to real life -but with less caffeine needed